19.4.08

The B & B is up and running. I had my first guests this week! It's a nice soft opening because I still have so much to do to get the other rooms going but the Queen room is ready and the rest of the place is all shined up. I really like this work, but it keeps you busy and it seems like there's really always something to do. I'm looking forward to getting a little more comfortable cooking awesome breakfasts. I was a little nervous about meeting random people and chatting them up but I got it really easy as my first guests are really nice and interesting. I think people who tend to stay at places like this are by definition a little more open and easy-going, but i may be biased! Yesterday I made a frittata and today I made breakfast burritos. They were really good. I made extra for me and Ted and we sat at a nicely set table for once and ate sans baby, who was still asleep. At 28 I have finally figured out the secret to breakfast potatoes: (chop, boil, cookie sheet, bake) (oh, and salt and oil too.)
Things are good here- the weather is nice, the house is clean, the baby is happy. Haven't been sewing to much lately, but get this! I finished my socks. The next pair will have a taller cuff, but hey, a sock on the foot is worth two on the needles. I just started the heels on a matching pair for Kiki and I made her a heavier pair of wool socks a few weeks ago that turned out pretty good too, and I didn't snap my wooden needles like toothpicks this time either! Thank goodness for Brittany wooden needles- I've broken 4 needles, and each time they send me a replacement for free and pay for shipping, even when I insist on paying. They're slightly expensive, but oh so nice in the hands, and the price is more than justified when you knit like a gorilla and snap needles all. the. time.
Well, how's that for an update! Maybe I'll take some pictures of my beautiful new temporary home soon so you all can see what I'm up to.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

I wish Chris, Soren and I could come stay at the B&B! We would be extra demanding, just to show you how to be a better innkeeper.

Congratulations on finishing your socks, too! I demand pictures.

We miss you!!!!!!

Unknown said...

hey meghan,

glad to see you back updating your blog, i haven't been checking lately, but will be sure to get back her on a regular basis. glad to hear your B&B is going well, can't wait to come over for some breakfasts. not too much longer, i can't wait!

matthew