5.9.08

I found this darling pattern at my friend's antique store and thought I'd give it a go. No matter that it's a size 7, and I have a size 2 little monkey- this can be her kindy dress. For once, I'm prepared.


This is my first try at darts and pleats, and the plackets were a little tough to figure out, but once I did it was pretty easy. The pleats hang a little wonky in places. I think I could have pinned it a little more securely to keep everything even.

I'm happy with it, and I learned a lot. I got the fabric at Walmart of all places- It's pretty, even though it seems to fray a lot, although that may be because I pleated and re-pleated this dress around 5 times.

I had fun using my new featherweight for about half of this dress. I pulled out the 301 when things got big. The hem is over 100 inches of hand blind stitched goodness. I'm going to hunt for more vintage patterns in Kisun's size today.

1 comment:

enzina said...

That's a beautiful dress!
congrats on using the new whisper!
thanks again